What Every Cancer Patient Needs To Know And Everyone Should Know About Health & Nutrition
Recently, I came across this great video from cancer survivor, Chris Wark, who healed himself of stage 3 colon cancer with diet and lifestyle changes. He chose not to go the "traditional" western medicine route of radiation and chemotherapy. While chemotherapy and radiation may be the most common/popular way to address cancer in America, this does not mean that it is the only way. I always say to clients, know all of your options so you can make the most informed choice that is best for you.
While Chris has titled his video, "What Every Cancer Patient Needs To Know", the health and nutrition information that he shares will benefit anyone looking to heal in any way, live healthier and thrive. For those who may not have the time to sit through the video, here are the highlights:
Nutrition & Lifestyle
- As a whole, we are "overfed but malnourished, stuffed but starving". Our immune systems are often suppressed and overloaded with toxins.
- Give your body the nutrition it needs to heal and regenerate. In order to support the body’s ability to detoxify, heal and function optimally, you need to address any nutrient deficiencies. Our bodies need critical phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and all those healing components found in organic fruits and vegetables. Go back to nature.
- Release processed foods that pollute and poison our bodies with artificial chemicals, carcinogens and toxins.
- Remove toxins such as smoking and pharmaceutical drugs which can suppress the immune system and mask symptoms.
- Move & exercise regularly. - Address the stress in your life which destroys and suppresses the immune system. Looks at all types of stress such as extreme exercise, work, relationship stress, negative emotions, criticism, toxic relationships, etc.
- Knowledge is power! I love that Chris encourages viewers to do their own research, learn from others and grow. This is part of the healing process.
- Do not be afraid; you are not dying.
- You have more time than you think. Work with your doctor on a reasonable time frame to make diet and lifestyle changes before rushing into chemotherapy/radiation.
- Listen to your instincts. You know (and your body knows) what feels good, what feels right for you. Don't be pressured by well meaning family and friends into doing what they think you should be doing.
- However you define it, whatever it is or means to you, connect to your faith/spirituality.
For more information on Chris Wark, you can visit his website at www.chrisbeatcancer.com.